What Is Cultured Marble? A Helpful Overview
In designing counters or items in your house, there is a form of material that is used called cultured marble. What is cultured marble? Cultured marble is a type of material used for kitchen countertops and other household objects (particularly in the bathroom) that is made with a blend of stone particles and resin. Using these two ingredients, it is then made into a mold that is heated and from there is shaped.
Unlike other materials, cultured marble is neither 100% natural nor man-made. There are a lot of things about cultured marble that we should go over before you decide to use it. We will answer basic questions like how it is made, what it is used for, the difference between cultured marble and regular marble, the benefits of cultured marble, among other things!
How Is Cultured Marble Made?
To make cultured marble, the first thing to do is to gather dust residue from the regular marble. Once the dust is gathered, it is combined with resin that has liquid polyester, pigments of color that the manufacturer wants the cultured marble to be, and tinting materials (though you don’t necessarily need this when making cultured marble).
Once the materials are well-combined, they form a mold. The mold is then lined with a special gel that will help the mold get nice and hot. When the mold is thoroughly heated, the cultured marble is made! The last step in making cultured marble is putting a final polish on it to make it look shiny.
These factors make it a popular choice for our Henderson, NV customers that are moving into new homes. We feel it’s an exceptional choice for your Henderson marble countertops.
What Is Cultured Marble Used For?
Cultured marble is mostly used in bathrooms or kitchens. Here are some objects that can have a cultured marble look:
- Shower Walls
- Shower Pans
- Whirlpool Tubs
What Is The Difference Between Cultured Marble & Regular Marble?
There are differences between the two forms of marble. To make it easier, here is a comparison table for both forms of marble:
- Regular marble has more patterns, color, and mirror-shine compared to cultured marble
- Marble costs way more than cultured marble
- Countertops made out of regular marble do not have integrated sinks or backsplashes. They will also have seams compared to cultured marble.
- If you are going for regular marble, it always needs sealing while cultured marble doesn’t need it.
- Cultured Marble is less colorful than regular marble and the gel coating is less authentic.
- Unlike regular marble, cultured marble sinks and backsplashes are molded onto the countertop. The same applies to showers as they integrated shelving
- Cultured marble is also less expensive compared to regular marble
- As mentioned in the regular marble, cultured marble does not need sealing.
These are just some of the differences between the two marbles. Now that you know the difference between the two, let us now tell you the benefits of cultured marble.
Why Go With Cultured Marble For Your Home?
According to GreenGarageBlog, there are eighteen reasons in total why you should go with cultured marble. Cultured marble is cost-efficient compared to other materials. They are also can be made to order, therefore, you can send the exact measurements to the manufacturer.
The article also has some cons of cultured marble, but all in all, it is not a bad material. Here are some other benefits of using cultured marble in your home.
Main Benefits of Cultured Marble
- While the color of cultured marble is not as vibrant as regular marble, it is still a perfect copycat of marble because it still gives your bathroom character, depth, and interest.
- Little maintenance is required for cultured marble due to it not needing to be sealed. To clean, you only need to use non-abrasive products.
- Cultured marble won’t get stained easily and it is resistant to stains, mildew, and chips.
- As we mentioned previously, it costs less compared to regular marble.
- Last but not least is that cultured marble is customizable. You have a wide variety of colors and pieces that can be shaped whatever you want it to be.
How Can I Get Cultured Marble In My Home?
Luckily for you, wee provide some of the finest cultured marble in the industry. We’re also expert installers with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you decide to go with us for your cultured marble countertops, you can be certain you’ll love the modern aesthetic it provides, with our great service.